1. Matatabi cat chew sticks that are a perfect alternative for those kitties who don’t really like catnip. Just rub some of the bark off the sticks to release the natural oils and watch your cat play away! Bonus: It also helps maintain healthy teeth!
Meowy Janes is a small New Jersey–based business that sells all natural catnip and alternatives such as whole Silver Vine fruit.
Promising review: “This was one of the best products for my cats! They loved each stick every single time. Best money spent on this product! Hands down! I definitely recommend!” —Jesse Sanchez
Get it from Meowy Janes on Etsy for $10.97 or from Amazon for $9.97.
2. A grooming rake because you’d be surprised how much loose fur Dr. Poops has in their undercoat. This will keep their fur looking shiny and brand-new after every session.
Get it from Amazon for $12.35.
3. A soothing behavioral aid toy with a faux heartbeat to help relax even the most anxious of puppies.
Promising review: “My partner and I recently got a 4-month-old Italian greyhound puppy and this has been great. We slept with the stuffed animal a few nights before picking up our puppy and placed it in his crate before he arrived. After playing with us and exploring his new home he walked into his crate and curled up against it and went right to sleep. He slept right through the first night with no issue. Today is week two and the batteries are still going strong. I plan on buying one for my sister who will be getting a puppy in the next few months. This is cute and functional.” —Jeb
Get it from Amazon for $36.99+ (available in five colors).
4. A nail scratch pad for your pup so they can keep their nails short and healthy without having to deal with the dreaded nail cutting session. It’ll take some trial and error to train them how to use this, but it’ll be worth it!
Scratch Pad For Dogs is a small business from Atlanta, Georgia.
Promising review: “It took some trial and error to teach my pup to use the scratch board but that’s fully due to his… energetic behavior! Once I associates treats with it, he practically spins in excitement every time I pull out the scratch board! It was so hard to wrestle all 75 lbs of him before to try to clip one nail, and he has no problem scratching away at this board! Truly a lifesaver (and $$ saver)! Thanks for this brilliant idea!” —Marissa H.
Get it from Scratch Pad For Dogs on Etsy for $44.95+ (available in three materials and four styles).
5. A Hoover vacuum cleaner specifically designed to help combat all kinds of stubborn pet stains. Basically, you might actually get your security deposit back when you move!
Promising review: “I run dog services, boarding and daycare, out of my home. You can imagine my carpet sees high traffic regularly and potty accidents on occasion from the puppers. Love this Hoover! Holy moly! It picks up a CRAZY amount of deeply imbedded debris, dirt, stains, and hair. The difference in how much cleaner my carpet is after using it is OUTSTANDING!! I regularly vacuum and spot clean with other carpet cleaners and couldn’t fathom the filth I was actually living in after using the Hoover. It’s easy to assemble and light weight too. You can’t deny the results when cleaning out the dirty water tank either. Easily the best purchase I have made for my small business! Finally no more “spots” on my carpet from spot cleaning stains. And my new regular go to when cleaning my carpets and area rugs throughout my home! Very Impressive!” —Patty DeCarlo
Get it from Amazon for $99.
6. A dog feeding reminder, because sometimes it’s hard to remember if we really ~did~ feed the pup. Especially when they always act like they haven’t eaten in 64 days. Nice try, Frito Paws.
Promising review: “Awesome product! There are four of us that were working together to feed the dogs. It simplified everything because I no longer have to text to see if anyone had fed them every morning. Now I just to see if it’s green and if not I feed them and indicate it, we all love it so much!” —Toni Deegan
Get it from Amazon for $9.83.
7. A ball launcher to really elevate your fetch game with your doggo friend without wearing out your arm muscles. This bad boy will launch the ball so far, they’ll get the most exercise they’ve gotten in a while. Get ready for a tired pup on the way home.
Promising review: “I have a young golden retriever who would retrieve balls and Frisbees all day long if my arm could take it. I can throw the ball a lot farther and for more throws, so he gets more exercise. Love that I no longer need to bend over to pick up the ball or have to touch a slimy, sandy, filthy ball! It’s quite intuitive to use and within about three throws you’ll have it down perfectly. You can also use regular tennis balls with it.” —Pupspicacious
Get it from Amazon for $8.26+ (available in seven styles).
8. An elevated cat bed so you can give Mr. Floofers a cozy place to sleep that still has some height, because he absolutely refuses to lounge on the floor.
It has a pillow inside you can remove and wash!
Promising review: “Sally loves this new bed with the low profile and reversible mattress which she flips over herself to change it up” —Terry
Get it from Chewy for $51.45.
9. An interactive toy to encourage their natural instinct to hunt, explore, sniff, and search — just place some delicious treats or their favorite toys in the maze!
It’s made from 30% recycled cardboard and is 100% recyclable. It’s also printed with certified metal-free inks so it’s safe for your kitty to chew on!
Promising review: “I introduced this by giving my cat a few treats in the “easy” end, which took him several minutes to work out. Now I drop a handful of kibble or treats in it and he’ll spend half an hour pushing it around and fishing the food out of various holes. Great entertainment for both of us.” —Jill
Get it from Chewy for $15.94.
10. A portable dog paw washer that will keep their muddy paws sparkly clean so they can continue being the prissy pup they were born to be.
Promising review: “I’ve been using this for a few weeks, and I love it. It cleans the salt off my dogs’ paws so easily. When it’s super dirty and the streets are covered in salt, I’ll refresh the water supply. I add a few drops of their doggie shampoo, and it works great.” —Sandra
Get it from Amazon for $17.84+ (available in three sizes and six colors).
11. A cat scratcher to prevent your feline buddy from scratching up, oh let’s say your brand-new sectional couch — which was a major adult purchase for you, but they insisted on using it as their personal scratching post. So now there’s piling of thread and every time you see it you get mad. Totally can’t relate.
Promising review: “Great scratching post that also makes great home decor! I found out during WFH that my cat is a vertical scratcher, which explains the pattern of destruction on the sides of my club chair. I reconfigured her cat condo to have a tall scratching post, but it made the perch on top too unstable, so I decided to get a new cat condo and also a taller scratching post for her needs. The tallest of the three cacti is perfect for her scratching needs at full vertical stretch. She really likes the soft carpet that covers the tops of the posts as well. I have caught her on occasion using the shorter posts when scratching while sitting. The saguaro cactus is really adorable and looks almost like eclectic home decor than cat furniture at first glance. The structure is well made, and I think will last for awhile.” —Amandabug
Get it from Chewy for $54.80.
12. Catnip-infused felted balls that’ll be the perfect toy for them to bat around *and* you don’t have to deal with obnoxious bells and whistles like other toys!
Simply B Vermont is a small business from Montpelier, Vermont that specializes in accessories and toys for cats and dogs.
Promising review: “These little catnip scented balls are the perfect size and the perfect scent for my kitties. I bought some for me and some for my grand kitties and they all absolutely love them!! Shipping was fast and they arrived in perfect condition. I would highly recommend this product and this shop.” —Jesselcat11
Get it from Simply B Vermont on Etsy for $8.50+ (available in three tin colors).
13. A pet stain and odor remover, because accidents happen and you should always be prepared for even the stinkiest ones. Bonus: it’s ~organic~.
Promising review: “I’ve tried other formulas and this Rocco & Roxie formula. Rocco & Roxie formula works every time. It kills, completely eliminates odor.” —Katherine Wright
Get it from Amazon for $19.97.
14. Dander-reducing wipes so senior Mr. Tinkles’ fur can remain clean and fresh, especially if they didn’t make it to the litter box in time. Just because he’s old, doesn’t mean he doesn’t deserve his kitty dignity ~and~ shiny fur.
Promising review: “These wipes are great! I have a senior cat who had heavy dander and shedding even with frequent brushing. These wipes have greatly reduced both the dander and the amount of loose fur! She has very heavy dandruff which is common in older cats. I’ve been using one wipe three times a week and her dandruff is easily 90% less. The amount of loose fur is also way less. I brush her, then use one wipe all over her body wiping with her fur direction. It’s really made a difference. Her fur is shinier and softer.” —Etain E.
Get it from Amazon for $5.64+ (available in various quantities).
15. A plush log toy that’ll basically become their go-to toy until the end of time. Warning: you *may* find rogue squirrels around the house and yes, you will giggle.
Promising review: “My lab fell in love with it! I got the ‘Ginormous’ one. It is tall and comes with six squeaking squirrels. He is having a blast and already has removed one squeaker, but the squirrel is still intact. The stitching is very good and durable. He is particularly interested in chewing the cardboard base, (cardboard between the fabrics for support). Finally a toy that challenges and excites him.” —Capt. Ken Caine
Get it from Amazon for $12.99+ (available in four sizes and nine styles).
16. A soft carrier bag so you can take your fur baby to the vet (or any trip!) in utter ~style~. It’s got a two-door design so it’s wicked easy to get them in and out of it — trust me, you need it.
Promising review: “I have been searching for months for a cat carrier of the right size and convenience. It is easy to fold up after you and easy to place the cat inside and removed from. He has enough room and the fluffy bottom is comfortable for him while I am transporting him inside the carrier.” —Pamela
Get it from Chewy for $23.69.
17. A portable water bottle because dogs get thirsty, and this is a much easier (and faster!) way to get them to drink *all* the water instead of pouring half your water bottle onto the ground and them only taking one lap.
Promising review: “This water bottle is truly a godsend! I cannot imagine using any other travel water bottle for my pups! It is slim, fits perfectly in a bottle slot in my travel bag; it is lightweight and has a loop to put around my wrist when I walk with my pups. It is extremely convenient on car rides, when my pup is thirsty and needs a quick pick-me-up! I especially love the fact that it sucks the water back in, so that I am not wasting unused water.” —Lv4nmls
Get a 12-ounce from Amazon for $14.44+ (available in two sizes and two colors).
18. A self-groomer cat brush so your lil stinky baby can groom and (hopefully) brush their loose hair off themselves for once. Plus, you can fill it with catnip to attract them to it!
Promising review: “I got this for my three-legged cat because he can’t scratch his left side. He’ll be trying to scratch and all you see is his little nub going crazy. I found these and he immediately LOVED it! The expression on his face when he first tried it was priceless. The only downside is that it’s possible it’ll fall off because it was hard for me to get all pieces of tape to stick on a corner at the same time, but I can always buy more double sided tape so not a big deal to me. The product is for Floyd, not me, and he’s happy so 5 stars.” —Pippa Runs
Get it from Amazon for $4.99.
19. A pack of leak-proof poop bags with dispensers that effortlessly attach to your jeans or leash so you can whip it out and pick up poop at a moment’s notice. You’ll be an expert poop scooper and that should definitely go on your resumé.
Promising review: “I absolutely love these poop bags. As a dog walker and owner of three large dogs, I find sturdy poop bags are a necessity. I’ve tried a few other brands but Earth Rated is by far my favorite. These bags are solid and I have not had a slip. We have tried the unscented ones and the scented ones. The scented ones are strong enough not to smell poop. Love it.” –ilovedenali
Get two dispensers with 900 bags from Amazon for $34.99.
20. Raised cat bowls that are not only totally adorable, but it’s actually really great for your feline friend’s spine to eat their food on a raised surface! Huzzah for healthy kitties!
Promising review: “The bowls are really cute and our cat had no issue getting used to them. Her previous bowls were plastic, very different shape, but she had no trouble changing to the new one. Her posture does seem more straight than when she was eating and drinking from her previous (regular, not elevated) bowls. I also like how sturdy they are: I actually ended up removing the drying mat from under the bowls as I found that I don’t need it anymore, no more spills! I’m very satisfied with this item so far!” —Alireza
Get it from Amazon for $15.28.
21. A teeny-tiny beanie for even the smallest of critters to look as dapper as ever before. Put it on your guinea pig, iguana, or even your snake!
Busters Party Shop is a small business based in Boise, Idaho that sells the cutest little hats for all kinds of small pets and critters.
Promising review: “Great little hats! Put them on my chinchilla Elmo and he looked quite handsome” —Kristen VanPelt
Get it from Busters Party Shop on Etsy for $3.50 (available in three sizes and 14 colors or you can have them surprise you).
22. A dog nail grinder that’ll make taking care of your pup’s nails *so* much easier than using regular clippers. It’ll get the nails perfectly trimmed without running the risk of cutting them too low, causing pain and bleeding.
It has two speeds and three size ports. It’s also designed with a low noise level of below 50 decibels and works with a gentle vibration so it won’t immediately scare your pup.
Promising review: “Omg love this . As a vet tech I had always trimmed my dogs nails using clippers. I finally decided to try this and what a game changer it was quite, less messy , easier to use , safer . I absolutely love that you can recharge it. The light was surprisingly helpful!!” —Kayla
Get it from Amazon for $29.99.
23. A cat tree because they just really love to be on high places, climbing, and feeling like they can view the whole house from the top of the tower. How can we deprive them of that fun?!
Promising review: “Excellent and Sturdy!! It is the perfect size for my cat and the have been really enjoying it. It came just as described and only took 15 minutes to put together.” —Sean
Get it from Wayfair for $69.99 (originally $218, available in five colors).
24. A roller track cat toy so they can have hours of endless fun and you never have to worry about them losing the balls around the house. Our cats absolutely ~love~ this toy!
Promising review: ” I liked this product because it was delivered very quickly and was super easy to assemble. It came with little rubber stoppers so the toy doesn’t slide around when my kitten plays with it. I also chose this product because it came in a light blue color where as other, similar products only had one color. The toy has three tiers as opposed to one so she is entertained for hours.” —Arianna
Get it from Amazon for $10.99+ (available in five colors).
25. A handheld vacuum for when you need to clean up their go-to spot, but don’t feel like whipping out a huge bulky vacuum. This is perfect for hard-to-reach places or small areas, like their bed.
Promising review: “I have a long-haired terrier, and her hair is on everything. I was looking for a vacuum for our furniture. This product works wonders on our recliner and our microfiber couch. One complaint people have is the high-powered output of air (which is true), but for the purpose of removing pet hair from furniture it is not an issue.” —Chad Kretschmer
Get it from Amazon for $38.99.
26. A litter box enclosure so you and your cat can live in style without an unattractive litter box sitting in the corner for all of your guests to see. Bonus: your cat will absolutely love the privacy.
Promising review: “Easy to set up, it looks like a nice piece of furniture so it’s in my living room. Put a couple of cushions on top it’s great place for the cats to sleep too.” —CJ
Get it from Wayfair for $86.63 (originally $129.99, available in five colors).
27. A tube of wrinkle paste because owning a dog with wrinkles has a ton of responsibilities, and one of them is making sure they’re clean and healthy under all their folds. This paste will help keep everything sparkly clean!
Cleans wrinkles, tear stains, tail pockets, *and* cracked paws!
Promising review: “Started using Squishface Wrinkle Paste every night. Now in just two short months, Roscoe’s tear stain is completely gone!!!! Roscoe will be turning 8 months old this month, and I tried everything from bottled water, no tap water, grain free food, ceramic bowls (not stainless steel) and even the Angel Eyes powder and Angel Eyes chewables… NOTHING WORKED. (His stain was super dark by the time he was 4 or 5 months old.) Squishface Wrinkle Paste is an amazing product that truly works!!! I highly recommend!!! Stain is gone, gone gone!!” —Joann Odom
Get it from Amazon for $20.67.
28. A pet fountain to keep your cats from drinking the water in the kitchen sink *and* your pup from lapping up from the toilet bowl. It’s a win-win!
Promising review: “This is by far the best Pet Water Fountain I have gotten! We have gone thru about 10 before this one! This fountain, is easy set up, easy filter change, and best of all..the design is such that pet hair does not get in the bottom in the water, bc the filter traps it up top!! This is a huge plus bc I have a long haired cat! My cat loves it! They drink more water from this fountain than any other! They love it!!” —Karen S.
Get it from Amazon for $27.99 (available in two colors).
29. A cheeky dog toy so they can be ✨ twinning ✨ with you while you drink your human version of the toy.
Promising review: “My dog is a soft toy destroyer. She usually tears them apart in five minutes, stuffing everywhere. But for some reason she has not gotten these apart yet! The fabric seems a little more durable but I think it also helps that there are no hanging pieces like a tail/ears, etc. She loves to toss them around. Squeaker isn’t in an area she bites all the time so it’s not overly annoying.” —Stacy Laake
Get it from Amazon for $17.99 (two styles).
30. Natural paw butter made with oatmeal to keep your pup’s paws smooth and fresh, in basically every single season.
This eco-friendly product is pH balanced for cats and safe if licked or swallowed! It’s got shea butter, oatmeal, mango, vitamins E and F, coconut oil, olive oil, and aloe vera to soothe ~all~ the cracked paws.
Promising review: “One of my puppers is a super-athlete who lives to go for walks and on runs. She is about 9 now and the vet gave her a stellar bill of health save one thing: her pads were getting really rough and worn from paved trails and city walks and this may be uncomfortable, especially as summer comes and pavement heats up. I was skeptical about any kind of balm as I figured that it would leave a mess on my floors or one/both dogs would just lick it off their feet. No problems whatsoever, and after a single application, both dogs’ pads are really soft and supple. Hopefully the dogs can feel the difference. I can surely see it and feel it. Also, the balm smells like oatmeal cookies, so bonus for that.” —LRL
Get it from Amazon for $6.99.
31. Or a container of paw wax that acts as an invisible boot forming a shield around your pup’s paws against sand, hot gravel, snow, and salt.
Promising review: “I’m a very new dog owner of a beautiful Australian Shepard, and I was a little worried when I noticed his paws were very rough. I took action and starting doing some research and it’s common in dogs of all sizes however not something to let be. Paws are so essential to dogs just as our feet are to us, so I’m very pleased with this product. It was SUPER easy to apply, 0 scent, and my dog loves when it’s time to apply… (I think he knows that means we’re going outside). Thanks Mushers! It’s a great product.” —Juniper
Get it from Amazon for $14.99.
32. And a snout soother because, like their paws, their snout tends to become dry and (painfully) cracked, so it’s important to keep this area healthy as well. It can even help protect and heal broken skin!
It’s all-natural and vegan!
Promising review: “Well, I have never before been so shocked at the effectiveness of a product. Our 5-year-old Frenchie, Carol, had a nose that was so crusty it was sprouting these long strands of more crust. There was literally crust on crust on crust. The nose had strings of crust. This nose was so crusty and repulsive it was almost beautiful. This nose might have resembled the rarest, most exotic geode to be mined from the rarest mine in Guatemala. A friend recommended Snout Soother for Carol’s repulsive nose. I was worried she would just lick it all off and it wouldn’t work. We never imagined she could have a regular, soft, moist nose again. Honestly this product is some black magic stuff! Unbelievable results in 3–5 days.” —Brittany
Get it from Amazon for $5.95.
33. A snuffle mat that’ll encourage their foraging skills, keeping them entertained when you’re too busy with work to give them the attention they demand.
Promising review: “My dog can not be anymore obsessed with this snuffle mat! Scout has a tendency when we go for walks to sniff out anything and everything he can. I always said he was like a truffle pig. This mat gives me peace of mind that he’s only sniffing out dog treats and not poisonous berry’s or bones of dead cats (sadly that happens often). This mat entertains Scout and even when he has found all the treats he will go back and look for more. Great way to keep him busy but also give his brain a little work out!” —Lifesaver
Get it from Amazon for $15.29.
34. A reusable lint roller because lint strips not only feel very wasteful, but it feels like you need to use over 20 just to clean your shirt. With a quick swipe, you can pick up all the hair and easily remove it from the hidden compartment.
Promising review: “I bought this product after realizing the Scotch Brite fur removing sheets have been discontinued. We have three cats and we regularly used the sheets to remove embedded fur from our sofa and chairs. I was skeptical about this product when I bought it and was AMAZED by how well this worked. The best part to me is that it also helps the environment because there are no “sheets” to be thrown away. Highly recommend!!!!!” —Jean P. Godoy
Get it from Amazon for $24.95.
35. A window perch so your kitty can not only have a place to lounge, but they can look out the window and see nature like they’re on a front row seat at their favorite concert. The concert? The Backyard ft. Squirrels.
Holds up more than 40-pounds!
Promising review: “This is perfect for our situation. We needed something sturdy that could easily be placed, moved, replaced, and not lose its integrity or leave any marks/wear behind. I was worried when purchasing if the suction cups would hold, and if the material of the hammock would be easily cleaned of hair, etc. After receiving and placing the item, I saw how sturdy the general frame, hammock, and suction cups were. This was clearly designed my someone who has cats as well. The wire that attaches it to the window is sturdy and thick. It seems like it will stand the test of time against my cats teeth. I have 3 cats under a year old and one two year old cat. There is a lot of energy, and lots of chewing. Immediately I felt at ease that the structure will not be tampered with by their fangs. I am extremely picky when it comes to the safety of my cats, and what I leave them with unattended. I feel comfortable with this window seat, and I’m very happy with my purchase.” —The Cat Mom
Get it from Amazon for $21.99.
36. A funky cap for the silliest of cats who will probably hate it, but you’ll get a kick out of it and possibly even a few humorous photos. Also, who knows? Maybe they’ll end up being full time hat cats.
There are six designs and the one that will arrive in the mail is a *surprise*!
Promising review: “This is by far the cutest idea! I love that this Is a ‘mystery box’ and what you get is completely random. I think this was a melon type of hat and it fit puurfectly! My cat is rather small but the hat has a good stretch to it and seems decently made as well. If you’re thinking about purchasing this just do it, you won’t regret it!” —Daniel Pollock
Get it from Amazon for $8.49.
37. A pet hair detailer to really get into the hard-to-reach places that your pets somehow always manage to fill with their fur. I swear it’s their life’s goal to leave behind as much fur as possible.
Promising review: “There’s one chair in my home that was always the cat’s chair. Not because she sits in it all the time– her love for it comes and goes– but because the giant pillow cushion that is its base was absolutely impregnated with cat hair, so no reasonable person would ever want to sit on it. I have vacuumed this chair hundreds of times. I have gone over it with lint brushes and sticky paper rolls and all that. The surface layer of loose cat hair would come off, but there was like a sedimented layer of cat hair that seemed to have fused with the pillow and would not come off no matter what I did. So there was this big piece of furniture in my living room, taking up a bunch of space, that was only ever used by one very small cat. I got one of these brush detailers. I vacuumed the cushion like usual, then started using the detailer. The cat hair came off. THE CAT HAIR CAME OFF. I vacuumed off the clumps of cat hair, went at it with the detailer some more, and in less than 5 minutes had cleaned the cushion of this chair better than it had been cleaned in probably 3 years. It’s now… just a cushion. The chair is a chair that I could reasonably ask a human to use. I can’t believe I ceded ownership of this chair to a cat who honestly isn’t even that into it for so many years when I could have just been hitting it with this stupid rubber brush thing all along.” —SP
Get it from Amazon for $12.
38. And finally, a meal plan subscription so your cat can always have delicious foods made with high-quality ingredients sent to them. They have 19 different recipes, high protein, *and* made for cats of all ages!
The wet starter kit comes with four packs of wet food, and the dry and wet food combo comes with one bag of dry food and two packs of wet food. Both come with a free serve and store set. Also, free shipping!
Promising review: “The subscription is so convenient and the little lids and spoons that come in the starter box are both adorable and convenient! Best of all, my cat loves it and licks his plate perfectly clean every time :)” —Eden
Get a wet and dry starter from Cat Person for $20/month (also available in just wet food).