1. An eye wash to gently clear any goop and crusty eye boogers that have accumulated on your cat’s face.
Promising review: “Oscar gets really bad infections around his right eye; it causes his whole area to get red and crusted up. We tried this and it worked great! Even after the first use we could see a big difference. I don’t use it as directed, maybe once a day but it still works great. Will absolutely buy again. P.S. forgive the before pic (left); he was helping me size baby hats I was making. No cats were tortured; he just acts like he was.” —April Mcleod
Get it from Amazon for $8.35.
2. A waterless cat bath because as much as we love our fur babies, sometimes they truly smell like that pile of vomit on the sidewalk I avoided last Friday night. This leave-in foam can moisturize their skin and leave it squeaky clean.
Promising review: “My cat, despite getting bathed frequently, still manages to smell like a combination of mouth, belly button lint, and floor. I bathed her with this tonight and she smells like a spring baby. I can’t stop huffing her soft head. I didn’t think it was possible to love her any more, but I’m a changed man. This stuff rocks.” —J. Ham
Get it from Amazon for $7.49.
3. An automatic pet feeder so you can regain your freedom from your furry overlords. No more being woken up at 6 a.m. by a hungry pet or having your Zoom meetings interrupted by yowling in the background because dinner is one minute late.
This automatic feeder can hold up to 12 meals depending on the size of each portion (you can choose from 1/8 cup to 4 cups).
Promising reviews: “My PetSafe automatic feeder allows me to sleep in peace without my cat nagging me, travel for up to four days, and controls the food amount.” —caroline5
“Our cat is fat. Her life is pretty much driven by food and the only way we’ve been able to keep her at a moderately sustainable weight is by giving her healthy food she hates and this pet feeder. Every time we come back from a trip, there are a few more claw and bite marks on it, but it holds strong. She’s even tried to sit on it, but it’s done nothing more than presumably horrify it a little. She used to move around the bowl so when feeding time came she could put her head where the chute is and feel the food rain down her head like Augustus Gloop in the chocolate factory. I would recommend this for anyone who has a cat who is consumed with eating and getting food. Her persistence has defeated every other one we have tried. Yes it is expensive. Yes it is absolutely worth it.” —BMoney
Get it from Amazon for $99.95 (originally $129).
4. A pack of Burt’s Bees cat wipes for keeping your cats coat soft, shiny, and free of dander and flakes. It’s made with aloe vera and oatmeal to condition dry skin and reduce redness.
Promising review: “Our son was having a lot of dander on his back near the base of his tail. We kept up the brushing but it wasn’t going away. Looking at the reviews I decided to go for the dander wipes. Well I have used it twice and was blown away. His dander is pretty much all gone now. Plus his hair seems shinier and silkier after his brushing and using the wipes. Not to mention our baby boy looks just like the cat on the packaging. All around I will continue to buy these and use once a week or twice every two weeks to keep up his beautiful orange coat. Thanks Burt’s Bees!” —Tom Cincotta
Get a pack from Amazon for $6.49.
5. An ear treatment that’ll clean your poor pet’s ears of buildup and prevent inflammation and irritation. These ear drops are designed to protect against a variety of fungal and bacterial infections, like yeast and staph infections.
Promising review: “My cat is 9 years old and has had ear problems on and off all throughout her life: lots of earwax, always shaking her head, and scratching. Every year the vet gives me new ear drops for her to try and it would never solve the problem. My vet put my cat under and cleaned both of her ears. She said she was surprised my cat could even hear anything because of the amount of wax build up, but told me it didn’t look like she had any ear mites. When I asked her what I can do to keep them clean she never really gave me a solution other than drops that didn’t seem to work. A month later in January, I noticed the earwax was coming back and decided to do some research. I came across these drops and decided to order them. I did exactly as the instructions said and my cat didn’t seem to mind these and actually let me put these in her ears. I noticed a huge improvement while using them, the earwax was slowly disappearing. Fast forward to July; I checked my cats ears today and NO WAX!!! NONE! This stuff is amazing. Seems like my cat had a yeast infection all along and treating her for mites and other things was making her ears worse. She is finally wax-free!!” —Olivia
Get it from Amazon for $21.99.
6. A purring cat toy if you’re waking every hour because your anxious kitty won’t stop meowing. This purple guy has a built-in purring mechanism so your feline can enjoy the sensation of curling up to another purring “cat.” It also plays calming, comforting sounds.
Promising review: “Works like a charm! I recently found myself a cat mama of an abandoned week-old kitten. I bought this knowing she needed just something to cuddle up to in her bed. Turns out it basically hypnotizes her to sleep. She crawls to it, kneads it, and eventually her meows turn to silence. I wish the purring lasted longer but for $10 it is a lifesaver. She’s pooped on it a couple times so I’ve had to throw it in the washer and dryer minus the battery pack. It’s held up great.” —S Leytem
Get it from Amazon for $14.99.
7. A tube of allergy drops to help relieve congestion, sneezing, watery eyes, and a runny nose. (Of course, we recommend seeing a vet if these symptoms persist as they could be symptoms of a sinus or nasal infection.)
Promising review: “This product came yesterday and we saw immediate results with our 15-year-old cat. She has had a chronic condition for several years — labored breathing, constant sneezing, and thick snot she tries to clear from one nostril. Our vet has told us that in old cats this condition is fairly normal and there is no ‘magic bullet’ that will treat it effectively. Yesterday we put five drops of this product in her wet food and she immediately stopped sneezing and blowing mucus. She seemed far less stressed and her breathing appears to be far less labored. We gave her a second dose yesterday afternoon and then another one this morning. In that time she has sneezed only once or twice…when before she was sneezing dozens and dozens of times each day. She is not blowing mucus…when before her nose was running constantly. I hope it works for your cat as well as it appears to be working for ours.” —JHO
Get it from Amazon for $6.99.
8. A pair of professional nail clippers because your cat’s overgrown claws are destroying basically every soft fabric in your apartment.
Promising review: “I have a new adult cat that I rescued who was scratching everything in sight. I ordered these and immediately sat her down to start work. I was terrified I was accidentally going to hurt her but it was so easy for both me and her!! I had to do one paw at a time because she started to squirm from being held still too long, but they worked great and I’m so happy with them!” —blushingsooner
Get them from Amazon for $6.98.
9. A pack of matatabi chew sticks so you can spoil your sweet baby *and* help them keep their teeth clean. Matatabi is a plant native to Japan and a catnip alternative (great for kitties who show no interest in catnip!).
Meowy Janes is a wonderfully named small business based in New Egypt, New Jersey. It specializes in catnip and catnip alternatives.
Promising review: “The second I put a stick down our kitty was obsessed! Our cat loves ‘chewing’ so these are a great fit for him. All natural, great packaging, and quick shipping! Thank you” —kr323
Get it from Meowy Janes on Etsy for $9.97.
10. A calming diffuser kit for helping stressed out kitties relax. This is especially useful if your cat is having trouble adjusting to new surroundings or has separation anxiety.
Each kit comes with a diffuser and a refill. This diffuser emits pheromones, which triggers a cat’s endocrine system to release calming chemicals. Cats naturally produce these same pheromones, so you don’t have to worry about your cat getting into potentially toxic ingredients.
Promising review: “We are undergoing a significant home remodel and repairs. I purchased this product days before to see if it would get us through. All of my cats have kept (keeping to date) their sanity, as much as to be expected with loud machinery in the home. We have portholes through several walls, so they can hide from room to closed room at choice. I believe this product is helping a great deal. Recommended.” —inky
Get it from Amazon for $19.40.
11. A reversible cardboard scratcher lounge that’ll stand up to even the most enthusiastic kitty. (Your carpet thanks you!)
It also comes with catnip. These boards from Amazon are a cheaper alternative if your kitty loves scratching cardboard.
Promising review: “I’m so happy I bought this!! I was skeptical so I almost didn’t buy it. I have four cats and they all love it!! My worst scratcher is Apollo; he’s torn up doors, walls, door jams, carpet, couches…just about everything you can think of and he even chews on furniture. He has completely stopped all of that now that he has this!! You can see how happy he is. In fact, once he decided he was willing to share the lounger (it took about two days of all-out war) they all use it and they all love it and use it daily. They like it so much they don’t use anything else. The lounger does leave cardboard pieces on the floor after they scratch it, but it’s worth it! I wish I would have purchased this sooner.” —AmazonCustomer
Get it from Amazon for $98.30.
12. Or a wall-mounted scratching post if you’d like your cat to scratch this and not your couch legs. Reviewers love that it’s both beautiful *and* durable.
Promising review: “The average cat scratching post is a hideous blend of string and beige carpet that sucks the soul from any room in which it is placed. Not this one. This scratching post is sleek, well made and unassuming, blending easily into any room. It arrived well packaged and was easy to install with the hardware provided. Furthermore, it is robustly constructed and stands up to constant use by my cat.” —D James
Get it from Amazon for $39.99.
13. And speaking of couches, a set of clear couch protectors to save your furniture from your cat’s wrath. These self-adhesive pads blend in with your couch and chairs and can be cut to size.
Promising review: “Our cat was destroying the corner of our brand new sectional, so I was excited to try these out. I didn’t want to try sprays or anything with pins that puncture the couches. I was a little worried about the quality of the adhesive, but the screen has been holding up and my cat no longer scratches that corner. There are plenty of screens in the package to add more if she finds a new spot.” —NKakanis
Get a pack of 10 from Amazon for $20.99.
14. A broom for pet hair, because there’s probably a ton of fur that’s trapped in your carpet — and you can’t even see it. It works just as well on wood and linoleum, with the rubber head working as a magnet to attract stray hairs. There’s also a built-in squeegee for wiping up liquids or for cleaning glass. Plus, the handle extends from 36 to 60 inches so it can reach practically any mess.
Promising review: “I bought this broom based on the tons of great reviews and I am not disappointed. I love this broom! It is lightweight but sturdy. I have used it on tile floors and carpet and it does a great job of getting the pet hair, lint, and dirt. I like this so much better than our traditional push broom. It is very easy to clean after use just using my hand, unlike our old broom. It also has a telescoping handle so that you can adjust it to whatever height you need. There is also a squeegee for doing the house windows and the car windows. I highly recommend it.” —Joyce V
Get it from Amazon for $12.98.
Check out my coworker’s Evrilholder FURemover broom review for more satisfying photos of the hair it removed from her carpet.
15. An air purifier so you can breathe easily. Not only will it cleanse the air and suck up pet dander, but reviewers say it also does a fantastic job getting rid of funky cat smells.
Promising review: “I bought this for my daughter to use. She had recently moved and was having to keep the cat’s litter box in her bedroom, and even with cleaning it every day she was having issues with smell. I sent this to her and she claims it works miracles. She no longer smells litter box in her room!” —Stefi
Get it from Amazon for $79.98+ (available in two colors).
16. A window hammock for anyone whose pet enjoys staring longingly outside but who would also not last more than five minutes as an outdoor cat. (Having to catch dinner? No, thank you!). This soft hammock gives your cat their own little perch *and* satisfies their natural curiosity by letting them watch the birds, the squirrels, and your next door neighbor walk to the mailbox in their underwear.
JennGv is a Clayton, California-based small business run by Jennifer Giantvalley, a cat lover who makes all sorts of window hammocks for your kitties.
Promising review: “The quality of this perch is sooooo lovely. It’s soft and stable and just so pretty! Honestly it’s now her favorite spot in the house. 100% recommend!” —Desiree Belcastro
Get it from JennGv on Etsy for $70 (available in four colors).
17. A mounted brush that’ll satisfy your cat’s ceaseless demands for scritches. Just mount it to a corner with the included adhesive strips and watch as your beloved babies leave you for the warm embrace of this gray and white piece of plastic.
Promising review: “My cat Gambino Bambino would let you brush him bald!!! He loves to be groomed and comes running whenever the brush comes out. Though we love to accommodate, I know he wanted more. He was constantly rubbing his cheeks and ears on the corner of our walls to get even more scratching. I finally came across this product and knew he would love it! It took a little convincing but once he got a hang of it he’s been loving it! We have one in the living room, one in the kitchen, one at the top of the stairs and one in the guest room! He is having a great time!!! Very easy to put together and place on the wall.” —T. Mangiaracina
Get it from Amazon for $4.99.
18. An automatic water fountain if your picky cat demands to drink only from the bathroom faucet. Some cats hate drinking still water (long story short, it’s a defense mechanism), so a fountain with running water may be more enticing.
It also comes with three replacement filters and a mat.
Promising review: “My cat likes to drink out of the toilet. I bought her a $60 stainless steel teardrop fountain which she never used (not to mention how loud it is). I tried closing the toilet to force her to drink out of it, but then she resorted to meowing next to the sink. So I asked my sister, who is a vet, what I should do. She suggested a flower fountain since cats are more inclined to drink out of them. This thing is amazing. It is DEAD silent with the flower cap on, and without it it has a nice waterfall sound. My cat, even with the toilet bowl open, consistently chooses to drink from this. It’s been a lifesaver. I honestly do not have a single bad thing to say about this.” —Minno Durkin
Get it from Amazon for $24.99+ (available in two colors).
19. An interactive cat toy to appease your furry rulers and occupy them for a few hours…until they come howling for dinner.
Promising review: “I have a whole room filled with cat toys that my cat is not interested in. It’s funny how the least expensive cat toy I have makes him go crazy. He plays with this until he’s panting like a dog and I have never seen him jump so high. I’m certain this toy will help him lose his belly. He loves it! I highly recommend it!” —Kwoo
Get it from Amazon for $2.99.
20. A bag of premium clumping litter because scooping the litter box and having the clumps break into a dozen pieces while releasing a pee- and ammonia-scented cloud is your biggest frustration with your current litter. Ding ding ding! This winning litter will prevent that problem. Plus reviewers say the odor control is fantastic.
Promising review: “This product solved our cats’ behavioral issues. Our two rescue cats started to pee and poo outside the litter box shortly after I switched the previous litter to pine-based litter. I didn’t know what caused our cats to misbehave and thought they might be ill and had our vet check them. After making sure that there weren’t health problems, I added a smaller litter box, moved them to different spots, etc., but continued to find pee and poo outside the litter boxes. Then about four months ago, I switched to this litter. Not only did it significantly reduce the odor, but we haven’t found accidents on the floor since, either! All of us humans and cats alike appreciate this product very much.” —Japi
Get a 40-pound bag from Amazon for $19.99.
21. A self-warming pet bed so your kitties stay nice and toasty. (Reviewers with hairless cats say it’s great for keeping their naked bbs cozy and warm.)
Promising review: “I had to order a second bed because my two cats are fighting over the first one I bought. But honestly, it’s been kinda funny watching the battles. Trust me, your cat(s) will love this bed.” —Leslie D. Van Damme
Get it from Amazon for $25.88+ (available in five sizes, two colors, and three styles).
22. A devastatingly effective handheld vacuum for sucking up pet hair with ease. It has a special rubber nozzle that picks up fur with ease, especially on hard-to-vacuum areas like stairs. There’s no bag, so simply pop off the canister when you’re done vacuuming and dump the contents in the trash.
Promising review: “Holy crap!! Are you skeptical when it comes to buying stuff online? ME TOO! That’s why I figured all of these rave reviews were a crock of crap. I’ve seriously bought every kind of vacuum out there, including the Rumba, which is about as intelligent as a cotton swab. But I have four cats and a golden retriever, so I was getting desperate! I believe the saying is… a picture is worth a thousand words. Check mine out (above)! Of note — the ‘before’ picture was taken of my dog’s bed AFTER it went through the washer and dryer. Look at all of that left-behind hair!!! And the ‘after’ picture was taken after only THREE MINUTES spent vacuuming her bed. I. Am. SOLD! BTW, I’ve NEVER taken the time to review a product before, just FYI.” —Luka Chan
Get it from Amazon for $30.99.
23. A cat shelf that’ll help your cat feel safe up high on their perch. Cats naturally like higher positions so they can see their surroundings (and can quickly spot any dangers, like the vacuum cleaner).
Cosy and Dozy is a small business based in Poland and run by Magdalena and Wojtek Zajdel. Its specialty is pet furniture, and its Chill Deluxe shelf was actually a finalist for the 2020 Etsy Design Awards!
Promising review: “Beautiful and high quality material. After the new bed was finally hung on the wall, we put our cat in it. He has been lying in it purring for two hours now. I think he likes it 🙂 I can really recommend it.” —Christina
Get it from Cosy and Dozy on Etsy for $141.51 (available in four wood finishes and 11 colors).
24. A set of ceramic food bowls and a matching stand if you wish Mittens would stop knocking over her food bowl. Just once, Mittens! These stainless-steel bowls are raised to reduce neck strain, and the whole set is built with an anti-slip grip to prevent it from being knocked over.
Shop Vanilla Bean is a small business based in California that sells functional and beautiful home goods.
Promising review: “These are excellent! They’re clean (keeping the floor and wall relatively clean as well) and beautiful. Great product!” —Vaughn Egge
Get it from Shop Vanilla Bean on Etsy for $62.40 (available in two colors).
25. An organic cat grass–growing kit for any fur babies who struggle with frequent hairballs as well as indoor cats who just want a taste of the outdoors. It’s made from a blend of barley, flax, oat, and wheat seeds and is a safe source of vitamins and minerals.
Promising review: “As far as the flavor goes; the kitties seem to find it top notch! Was tall enough after only five days; but we held off for day six to make sure ‘little destroyer’ didn’t pull it out by the roots! The cup opening keeps the shoots tight together unlike some you buy in the pet store. We couldn’t be more pleased. We ordered a refill at the same time and plan to order again just to have two cups so my kids don’t fight for position. No mold problems if you follow watering directions.” —Kathleen M.
Get it from Amazon for $19.95.
26. An under-the-door cat toy because you didn’t think there was a toy made specifically for using under a door…but there totally is. If your kitty loves chasing strings under the door, or likes to paw or bite at fingers under the door, they’ll probably love this knitted toy.
Knit Wit Boutique is an Ohio-based small business that specializes in handmade knitted items.
Promising review: “I bought two of these for my cats and they arrived quickly. My cats love them, especially with the catnip. There are so many colors to choose from and they are well made for lots of kitty fun. A great gift for any cat or cat owner. The owner of this shop was delightful to work with. I asked several questions and she responded immediately. 😺” —Ann Casey
Get a set from Knit Wit Boutique on Etsy for $10 (available in a variety of colors).
27. An odor-eliminating spray so you can lift stains and odors fast. Each spray releases bacteria that feeds on the ammonia left behind after your pet’s accidents, eliminating the urine completely and deterring your pet from peeing in the same spot again.
Rocco & Roxie is a family-owned small business named after the Magleby family’s pets Rocco, a Labradoodle, and Roxie, a former shelter tabby cat. They make a variety of pet supplies, including cleaners, treats, grooming tools, accessories, and toys.
Promising review: “I have six elderly cats, and a few of them oftentimes leave smelly pee puddles to register their disdain at whatever cats get ‘peed off’ about. It’s not a litter box problem and, although I’ve caught one or two of them doing it, I can’t blame them all. This product works great on fresh messes as well as dried ones. After blotting up fresh pee pods, I saturate the area with Rocco & Rossi’s odor remover and let dry. For dried stinky stuff, I just saturate the area and let it dry. It has a pleasant odor and completely eliminates the ammonia odor. Believe me, I’ve tried all kinds of products, and this one works the best. I buy gallons now just to have on hand. It’s better than smelling that awful pee!” —mona mia
Get it from Amazon for $19.97.
Check out our in-depth Rocco & Roxie Professional Strength Stain & Odor Eliminator review.
28. A pet hair remover for anyone who’s tired of getting fur all over their clothes. Roll it over your couch, bed, favorite blanket, you name it, and watch it lift the fur away. See, we can own nice things!!
Promising review: “Where has this been all my cat-loving life? Sticky rollers work fine for clothes, but this is the only product that has ever COMPLETELY removed all the cat hair from my bed. I have a long-haired 20-pound tabby and if you run your hands up his back a few times and fling the hair everywhere, it looks like it’s snowing — he never stops shedding no matter what I do. After using the ChomChom, I can put on a black dress and roll around on my bed and not get a single hair on me. It’s absolutely amazing. Everyone is getting one for Christmas, even if they don’t have a pet. I don’t care, it’s THAT good.” —Stephanie
Get it from Amazon for $24.95.
29. A top entry litter box that’ll keep the litter where it belongs: in the dang box and NOT all over your floors and carpet. It has a grooved lid to catch any litter that’s attached itself to your cat’s paws, plus it comes with scoop!
Promising review: “I LOVE this litter box. It comes with an adorable scooper and place to hang it, and the subtle color helps it blend in the room without really screaming ‘there’s poop in here.’ It’s not only discreet, but it keeps my cat from making a mess as she leaves. I got one of the dome types last because after she finishes she feels the random urge to bolt from the litter like a ghost is after her. (Cats, amiiright?!) but not with this. She has to take her time and jump out. And what little litter she does track out is caught on the top piece that is so easy to remove and clean. And the price point is perfect too!” —Shelly B.
Get it from Amazon for $39.99 (available in three colors).
30. An automatic litter box if your cat’s currently in a stand off with its old litter box. Reviewers say that not only does it help reduce the frequency with which their kitties leave surprises *outside* the box, but it also helps reduce the amount of litter that gets tracked into the house. Also, no more scooping poop!
Each litter box comes with a pre-portioned package of litter that you pour into the tray. It will start cleaning 20 minutes after it’s detected that your cat has left the box. When the tray is full, simply remove it and dispose of it.
Promising review: “I’ve considered an automated litter box for years but kept putting it off. I’m so glad I finally got one! It sets up easily, both the litter box itself and the phone app. Our cat adapted to it immediately. Actually, she was climbing inside while I was putting it together and started using it regularly right away. The app shows when it detects the cat entering the box and when it rakes the box clean 20 minutes later. There has been absolutely no smell at all! Today the app alerted us that it was time to replace the litter (right at four weeks from installation.) Our auto-delivery of the replacement litter arrives tomorrow. To change it out, we’ll just lift the plastic unit up, slide out the old box (the soiled litter is under a flap), and use the lid below it to place on top then discard. After a quick wipe down with a sponge, the new box will slide underneath and we’ll be good for another month. The cat loves having a fresh litter box every time she enters and we are thrilled about not having to deal with cleaning it!” —terry
Get it from Amazon for $149.95+ (available in three styles).