1. A pet hair remover that will pick up each and every stray hair your fur baby leaves in its wake. It’s perfect for restoring your couch back to its former glory or making your car’s seats look presentable again.
Promising review: “I was cautiously optimistic, but this tool is as effective as everyone is saying. My couches, and especially my recliner, look brand new. It takes little to no effort to use. Just use it in a ‘scrubbing’ type motion and it catches and traps the fur (and other small debris, such as crumbs…) in the little compartment. Pop it open, empty it out. Done.” —Ian K.
Get it from Amazon for $24.95.
2. A grooming glove so you can sneakily remove excess fur by simply petting them.
Promising review: “Fantastic dog grooming aid! Our older rescue dog isn’t too keen on the routine dog brushing stuff but her thick coat really needs the grooming — this dog grooming glove is the exactly right answer. Put the glove on, pet the dog, and all that loose hair comes away leaving her coat feeling so much smoother and softer without causing her to be nervous or upset over a brushing. Highly recommend, and yes I’m going to be ordering as gifts for a couple of other dog owners I know!” —DSP
Get it from Amazon for $6.99+ (available in three colors).
3. A daily supplement that uses the power of Norwegian anchovy oil, flaxseed oil, and biotin to help reduce excess shedding in as little as three to six weeks. It has a tail-waggingly delicious chicken taste, so your pup won’t even realize it’s healthy.
Promising review: “We have a short-haired mixed breed dog. She was shedding like crazy. When we petted her sides there would be clouds of hair flying up! If she brushed against our pant legs, we’d be covered in hair. So I decided to give this a try. I was skeptical. I have to say that after a week we saw a difference! The bottle does say to give it three weeks, but there really was a difference sooner. Now it has been about four weeks and we can’t believe it and we’ve ordered our second bottle.” —Suus
Get it from Amazon for $7.21+ (available in three sizes).
4. A giant lint roller on a stick to quickly become any pet owner’s new best friend. The handle makes it possible to reach under furniture without bending down — though you’ll probably be grossed out by all the hair it picks up.
Promising review: “These work great for pet hair on beds, furniture, pet beds, dog kennels, area rugs, cars, pretty much anything you can think of! My black lab sleeps in my bed that has a white quilt comforter and this makes it super easy to just roll across every morning when making the bed. The sheets are easy to tear off and don’t unravel when rolling.” —Ashley D.
Get it from Amazon for $24.58.
5. A magical waterless pet spray that’ll refresh their coat and decrease shedding in between baths. Plus, it’ll make their fur look silky enough for a shampoo commercial.
Promising review: “This spray is wonderful! I am fostering a puppy who has mange and needs to be bathed every other day. This spray keeps his skin from flaking, less shedding, and gives him such a shiny coat! I’m buying more to bring to my local shelter where I bathe many dogs with dry skin!” –B. Carr
Get it from Amazon for $6.75.
6. A broom for pet (and human!) hair so you can rake up everything that your vacuum can’t reach. You’ll be so shook when you see all the fur that’s hiding out in your area rugs that you might just add to the over 51,000 5-star ratings.
Promising review: “I have long hair. Due to a thyroid issue, I lose more strands than I used to. Every few days the hair starts to accumulate on the bathroom floor. This broom picks up all the hair from the tile just going over it once. It even gets the strands on the edges and corners. Unlike regular brooms, all the hair stays on the broom until I remove it instead of strands falling back to the floor. Thanks to a review I read before ordering this broom, I also use it on the carpet before vacuuming. I quickly pull it toward me, and it grabs all the hair from the carpet. It only takes a minute or two per room and I no longer have to remove the roller brush from the vacuum and cut all the hair wrapped around it every month.” —Nicolor
Get it from Amazon for $12.98.
7. An ergonomic brush that will get all the tangles out of your pet’s fur, and it even has a helpful button that’ll release all the trapped hair once you’re done with your at-home grooming session.
Modern Pets Living is a small Etsy shop based in Laguna Niguel, California.
Get it from Modern Pets Living on Etsy for $14.99.
8. A pack of Bounce dryer sheets with a special formula that repels pet hair and keeps your clothes looking smooth and wrinkle-free. Think of all the money you’ll save on lint rollers!
Promising review: “We have two dogs and they shed all the time, these are truly a game changer!! No more dog hair coming out of the dryer stuck in the clothes! Helps keep it off your clothes when wearing it!! Love it!” —Michelle C.
Get a pack of 120 from Amazon for $9.22.
9. The Fur-Zoff hair remover, which has a pretty convincing slogan — “It’s not pretty, but it works!” It might look like some sort of strange pumice stone, but you’ll be mesmerized by all the fur it picks up in just a few simple sweeps.
Promising review: “This product lives up to its name. Dog or pet hair cannot simply be vacuumed up. Some hair will be picked up by a vacuum, but for the most part the hair will remain embedded in the carpet. I used the Fur-Zoff on the carpet of my car and it sure did the trick. It literally picked up the hair. And after you get the hair piled up, just simply vacuum up the clump.” —Geo
Get it from Amazon for $10.99.
10. A bestselling Bissell vacuum with a special deep-cleaning brush that’ll reach all of the stubborn pet hair that somehow ends up covering every inch of your home.
Promising review: “Very lightweight with excellent suction! I had a Dyson many years ago and missed it…until this arrived! I would never trade this in for anything and it is under $100! How can you go wrong? If you are in the market for a new vacuum, get this one. I promise, you won’t be disappointed!” —Erin C.
Get it from Amazon for $118.44.
11. A powerful yet super compact pet hair vacuum if you need a little extra help and have forgotten what your couch used to look like before your fluffball left mountains of fur all over it.
The hand vac has a 16-foot power cord and comes with two nozzles for cleaning upholstery, carpeting, and the inside of your car.
Promising review: “Holy crap! Are you skeptical when it comes to buying stuff online? ME TOO! But I have four cats and a golden retriever, so I was getting desperate! A picture is worth a thousand words — check mine out! The ‘before’ picture was taken of my dog’s bed AFTER it went through the washer and dryer. Look at all of that left behind hair! The ‘after’ picture was taken after only THREE MINUTES spent vacuuming her bed. I. Am. SOLD!” —Luka Chan
Get it from Amazon for $30.99.
12. Or a handheld dust buster with a motorized attachment specifically designed to pick up all the pet hair your normal handheld vacuum can’t handle. You’ll be cleaning every upholstered surface in sight.
Promising review: “I have two cats in the house. This machine has amazing suction power. I didn’t realize how much hair I had been missing. Battery life is more than enough to clean my chairs and my rugs. Easy to clean for next time. Highly recommend this machine, especially if you have animals in the house.” —Walter H.
Get it from Amazon for $48.31+ (available in three colors).
13. A unique hair and lint remover that’ll pick up excess fur in a few swipes — and it even comes with a self-cleaning case that removes all the hair for you!
Promising review: “We recently put this to the test. We lost power for five days. My husband has allergies and we have a cat. I generally vacuum very frequently. Without power I was not able to vacuum effectively. Especially the furniture. I could not vacuum with a rechargeable stick back.
So we put this item to the test it was amazing. I will probably continue to use this even with power and a vacuum at hand. It was perfect for the tops of the couches that the cat frequently sits on. It worked great the throw pillows. I love the fact that it has its own self-cleaning case and you can just slip it in and it cleans itself.” —Will-Review4U
Get it from Amazon for $21.99+ (available in three colors).
14. A bath brush with silicone teeth to really work the shampoo in while giving your cat a gentle massage. It’s also perfect to use as a de-shedding tool in between baths.
Promising review: “I’ve tried other brushes but have never seen results like this. It’s soft, easy to hold and my cats, Penny and Lucy, love it! If you’re a cat owner, do yourself a favor and buy one of these!” –Megan Sharp
Get it from Amazon for $9.99.
15. An oh-so-simple but oh-so-genius scraper tool that’ll dig up mountains and mountains of fur from all of your area rugs. This is also basically a must-have to keep in your glove compartment.
Promising review: “This little miracle tool loosens every little follicle of Gretchen fuzz with ease. I no longer have to worry about getting out of my truck in my favorite corduroy pants looking like I just rode a lama cross-country. All in all, I would highly recommend this product.” —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $12.
16. A handheld drying brush so your pooch can feel pampered and relaxed as you smooth out all those furry tangles and brush out any loose hairs. Just look at that GIF — that dog is living its best luxurious life and we love to see it.
Promising review: “I can’t say enough good things about this little brush! It’s super lightweight and compact, the dryer is quiet enough to not scare my pets, and the brush is soft but sturdy enough to get them completely dry in minutes!! I used to worry that I would burn my dog with my hair dryer, even on the lowest setting. This little brush is the perfect temperature and I could tell she even loved how warm it was while she was drying off.” —Mari
Get it from Amazon for $29.99+ (available in two sizes).
17. A stationary vacuum to automatically suck up any pet hair you sweep toward it. It’s like the reliability of an old-school broom combined with the convenience of a robotic vacuum.
Promising review: “The Eye-Vac is awesome. My cat and dog keep my hardwoods so furred-up that I think I still have carpet sometimes. The ever present fur clouds demand constant sweeping, pulling it off the broom and scooping it up and pulling the fur off the broom again. Arghhh! Now, I just sweep it up to the Eye-Vac and poof, it’s gone, broom cleaned and I’m done. A huuuge advantage is that my husband is old and can’t bend to manage the dust pan business. With the Eye-Vac, he can easily sweep up to the vac and poof, gone and done. Now, I don’t have to do it all the time.” —Karole
Get it from Amazon for $149 (available in three colors).
18. A pair of fluffy slippers with microfiber mops on the soles so you can get some sweeping done while you make your way from the couch to the kitchen and back to the couch again.
Promising review: “Love these! I hated walking around in my apartment before, because it felt like no matter how much I swept I was always picking up little bits of dirt and dog hair on the laminate floors. These keep my feet and the floor cleaner, which is awesome.” —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $11.99+ (available in four sizes and 15 styles).
19. A super gentle and easy-to-use brush specifically designed for use on furniture so you can scrape off that layer of pet hair without ruining the upholstery. It’s washable and reusable — and you can even use it directly on your pet!
Promising review: “I was quickly impressed with how much pet fur this things attracts AND holds on to. I used it on a black fabric couch, I will never use a lint roller again. This works much better and is REUSABLE. Say goodbye to those cheap wasteful rollers.” —Tash W.
Furrfighters is a small Etsy shop based in Warren, Rhode Island.
Get it from Furrfighters on Etsy for $18.99 (available in five colors).
20. A uniquely designed angled broom that’ll make you wonder how you’ve been living with the old-school version for so long. The dust pan is almost even more exciting: When you step on the back, it creates a seal to the floor so it won’t slide all over the place. What a time to be alive.
Promising review: “Love this! I have cats and the fur gets all over and makes cleaning with a broom a disgusting mess. With the built-in combs on the dustpan it’s so easy to clean the broom. The dustpan gets flush to the floor so every bit of dirt gets in the pan. The telescoping broom handle allows me to adjust the broom to my height. The mini version is perfect for countertops. I would definitely buy this again and recommend it to others.” —Barbara S.
Get it from Amazon for $39.95.
21. A pack of Burt’s Bees dander-reducing wipes for the cool cats and kittens who really don’t like taking baths. These will get rid of excess flaking and lightly condition their coats.
Promising review: “Our cat was having a lot of dander on his back near the base of his tail. We kept up the brushing but it wasn’t going away. We decided to go for the dander wipes. Well, I have used it twice and was blown away. His dander is pretty much all gone now. Plus his hair seems shinier and silkier after his brushing and using the wipes.” –Tom
Get it from Amazon for $5.64+ (also available in various pack sizes).
22. A super-portable and reusable pet hair remover to help you quickly wipe off all that pesky fur when you’re on-the-go. You’ll be so glad you have this when you’re running late and realize your blazer is totally covered in cat hair.
Promising review: “I got a new dog that sheds EVERYWHERE. Like a thin snow of white fur across the whole house. Thank goodness for this tool, it does a great job.” —velcromonkey1
Modern Pets Living is a small Etsy shop based in Laguna Niguel, California.
Get it from Modern Pets Living on Etsy for $9.99 (available in four colors).
23. A cleaning putty so you can get the hair out of every nook and cranny in your home — from the crevices of your vents to the random dusty spots in your bathroom.
Promising review: “I have two dogs that shed. This really helps pick up the hairs in my car console. It reminds me of the slime I grew up playing with. After a few uses it starts to look a nasty but still works picking up dirt and hair.” —JK
Get it from Amazon for $6.99
24. A two-pack of reusable sweeping pads because it’s time to say goodbye to the wasteful disposable ones you’ve been spending way too much money on. These even have helpful Velcro straps so the pad won’t go flying off when you’re in the middle of a good cleaning session.
They’re compatible with both the original Swiffer and the Swiffer Wet Jet!
Promising review: “My dog is super super hairy which means she sheds a lot! Every night before bed I have to sweep or my socks will catch her fur. The second one is just a bonus, I use one for sweeping and the second for mopping. Saves me money too because I don’t have to go through boxes every two weeks. If you’re into long lasting and sustainability this is definitely perfect for you. Especially if you have pets. Will definitely buy again once these two start to wear a bit.” —Amy G.
Get a pack of two from Amazon for $14.95.
25. A well-loved robotic vacuum, which will do all the hard work for you. Just schedule your preferred cleaning times and it’ll follow your little furball around and pick up every stray hair they leave in their tracks.
Promising review: “I’ve been in the market for a robovac for quite some time, and, after a recent back surgery, vacuuming manually wasn’t easy. I purchased this vacuum and have been very pleased with it. Its slim design gets under the dressers, beds, other furniture, and all the tight spaces that I couldn’t get to with an upright vacuum cleaner. This makes a very low sound while in use, and honestly, I don’t even realize it’s operating, as the sound is pleasant (not loud at all).” —Teach3
Get it from Amazon for $159.99 (available in two colors).
26. A fur removing brush you can have personalized with your fluffy friend’s name on the handle, just in case you forgot who is causing you to clean your couch almost every single day. Totally worth it though.
Promising review: “Just received in the mail today. Had to try it out on a couple of steps. It worked extremely well. With a cat and three ladies in the house with long hair, we all seem to shed a great deal.” —glendasall
Time and Date is a small Etsy shop based in O’Fallon, Missouri.
Get it from Time and Date on Etsy for $11.99+ (available in various personalization options).
27. An ozone-free Levoit air-purifier with a three-stage filtration system that’ll capture allergens, pet hair, dander, smoke, mold, odor, and large dust particles floating all over your home. Oh, and it also has over 30,000 5-star ratings!
Promising review: “This air purifier is great! I bought it because there was a lot of pollen and cat dander in my house which was making my asthma flare-up. Since I’ve got this air purifier, the cat odor has decreased and I don’t need to use my inhaler as much. The noise is very quiet and not interruptive for me. Overall, I love this item and totally recommend it.” —Dana
Get it from Amazon for $89.99 (available in two colors and a two-pack).
28. And a tag with a message your pet asked me to relay to you: “I don’t shed, I emit magical fibers of joy and love.”
Promising review: “By far my favorite tag. I got this for my corgi and it makes me smile every time I see it.” —Mariah R.
Tag n Trail is a small Etsy shop based in Appleton, Wisconsin.
Get it from Tag n Trail on Etsy for $13.99.